Merlin Rocket De May’ and Thames Series Open Meetings
Saturday and Sunday 22nd and 23rd June 2013
MINIMA YACHT CLUB
48a High Street, Kingston-upon-Thames KT1 1HN
1. Minima Yacht Club invites Merlin Rocket sailors to a De May series open meeting for the ‘Chindit Trophy’ on Saturday 22nd June and a Thames Series open meeting for the ‘Eric Archer Memorial Trophy’ on Sunday 23rd June
2. The organising authority is Minima YC on behalf of the Merlin Rocket Association.
3. The De May series is open only to ‘vintage’ Merlin Rockets as defined by the Class Association.
4. Racing will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-16 and the prescriptions of the RYA with the following change:
• If a boat touches a mark, she shall take her penalty by getting well clear of other boats and re-rounding the mark. This changes Rule 44 Penalties at the Time of the Incident
5. The entry fee per boat is £10 for one day or £15 for two days.
6. Competitors are asked to arrive and park their boats at the Dinghy Park in Barge Walk KT1 4AA (turning next to Kingston Bridge in Hampton Wick). They will then be ferried across the river to the Clubhouse for registration.
7. The first start time on both days will be no earlier than 11:00 hours.
8. One race per class will be held in the morning, with two shorter races in the afternoon after a lunch break.
9. The sailing area will be between Kingston and Hampton Court Bridges.
COURSES AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
10. Details of the courses to be sailed will be included in the MYC ‘Sailing Instructions for Open Meetings’ available in the Clubhouse on the day,
10. The low points systems of Appendix A will apply.
11. If three races are sailed, boats will count their best two results out of three. If one or two races are sailed there will be no discard.
12. The prize giving will be held in the Club House after sailing.
Does that mean you are going to be there then Ben?
Off to Whitstable, I'm sorry I won't be there supporting the Eric Archer Memorial trophy this year, best of luck Al,couldn't think of a better man to wrest the trophy from Mike Stephens grasp.
Haha. Certainly no guarentees there, I'm only not going to Whistable because I couldnt find an experienced crew, so I am taking a fairly novice crew to Minima.... should be interesting...