News / Merlin Rocket National Champs Update


Dear Members,

In these unprecedented times we are aware that you, our members, have bigger things to worry about than sailing. However, as the weeks pass, we are that sure that many of you are looking ahead to plans you have made for the summer and are wondering how it is going to pan out.

The MROA committee has been meeting remotely to determine the best course of action for the year, and we wanted to reassure our members that we are trying to plan and adapt in this constantly changing environment. We are taking advice from the RYA and being lead by government and Public Health England guidelines. The health and safety of our members is our number one priority.

For now, we plan to go ahead with the National Championships if, and ONLY if, government guidelines permit. Restrictions would need to be eased and ‘lockdown’ would need to be lifted to ensure an inclusive nationals. If these things happen, then we will go ahead with running the event in agreement with our host club, Tenby Sailing Club. We do not want to rush into a decision, but make the right decision at the right time based upon a constantly changing environment.

Please bear with us - we are trying our best for you and we will only run an event if it is appropriate to do so within government guidelines.

If you were, or still are, considering attending the 2020 Merlin Rocket Nationals, we would appreciate you filling in this 2 minute questionnaire to help us gauge interest and numbers.

With many thanks

The MROA Committee.

17th April 2020.

Owners Association

Developed & Supported by YorkSoft Ltd


Merlin Rocket Owners Association