To try and keep members more informed we have added a new section to the website (Association>Committee Update), here you will find a summary of the latest MROA Committee meeting and what was discussed. When we know the date of the next one this will be added to this section on the website. To save you clicking through, heres the latest update from the meeting held on Tuesday 14th December.
The last committee meeting was held on Tuesday 14th December 2021 on Zoom. Here is a summary of what was discussed at the meeting.
- The Craftinsure Silver Tiller, Thames Series, DeMay and Vintage events are now online (Racing > Events) and looking good thanks to Caroline Croft’s and Stuart Jenkin’s hard work. Working together they plan to integrate with some vintage and classic events into the Silver Tiller calendar, specifically Waveney and Oulton Broad.
- The Gold, Silver and bronze fleets to be reviewed annually by relevant members of the committee, and they will stand for the entire season (although members can appeal their fleets). The current fleets can be found on the website (Racing > Gold Silver Bronze Fleets). Members are asked to check they are on the list in March 2022 when the seasons starts to help us keep this up to date.
- The Aspire National Championships at Mounts Bay dates and the fact that it will be five days is all on the website (Racing > Nationals and Racing > Events). Lots of planning being done by Chris Martin both on and off the water, including a social on the Mount. We’re looking to create a sub-committee for this and would welcome volunteers.
- Rob Allen has been voted on as Vice Chairman with a view to becoming the next chairman, leaving an opening for a new Treasurer, the committee welcomes volunteers to come forward.
- There are several committee roles becoming available and we would welcome some new blood in a range of roles - more to come with an online discussion for those who would like to know more. Please contact our Chair if you are interested to know more in the meantime.
- Mark Barwell has very kindly volunteered to organise the stand at the Dinghy show.
- Reports have been shared for every Craftinsure Silver Tiller run this season with huge thank you to Lou, Anna and all our wonderful report writers and photographers.
- We will have a yearbook in 2022 after a successful season of events and the magazine is with the printers and will be on your doorsteps shortly - thanks Tim Harridge and Pat Blake.
- Our membership figures continue to look healthy, and Martin Smith has done a great job keeping up with both membership and website queries.
- Craftinsure have kindly continued their sponsorship of the Silver Tiller in 2022 and Aspire remain as our National Championship sponsor.
Posted: 21/12/2021 17:15:21
By: Lou Johnson