In advance of the AGM, the committee would like to make you aware of some exciting opportunities on and supporting your committee.
- Dinghy show coordinator - The show will be at the Farnborough next year and we understand there will be more space available to show off our great class. The role involves booking and planning the stand, co-ordinating boats and volunteers and comes with free entry to the show plus covering any accommodation costs during the show.
- Sponsorship and Publicity - The publicity and sponsorship roles have been amalgamated by the committee as they are closely aligned in raising the profile of the class. The role is to continue to work with our current sponsors, source new ones and take the lead on all publicity.
Supporting our Class (non committee role)
- Webmaster - Now our new website is up and running, we are looking for a webmaster. The role involves routine updates, checking links, creating content, liaising with other content providers and the website designer. This is more about project management than coding, and being a point of contact if anyone has any issues.
- Social Media and Reports - This role would be to assist with social media, reports and to support the Sponsorship and Publicity committee member. There are opportunities for more than one person if you have an area that you would particularly like to focus on.
All applications welcomed by email to Sophie Mackley [email protected]
The following have already put their names forward;
- Sponsorship and Publicity: Louise Johnson (our current Publicity Committee Member and crew of 3784, based at Lymington Town SC)
- Social Media and Reports: Anna Aylward (Anna crews James Wells in 3746 on the open circuit and is a regular in various boats on the Thames)
Committee roles will be voted for by the membership at the AGM - application deadline 20 June 2021. Non-committee roles will be voted for by the committee.
Chris Kilsby and Sophie Mackley
Chair and Hon Sec
Posted: 08/06/2021 21:13:32
By: Lou Johnson