Open Meeting 03/10/2021
- General Information
- Club Information
- Event Contacts
Entry Fee: £TBC
First start: TBC
Launch time: 15 mins before start
Address: Trent Lock, Long Eaton,Nottingham, Notts, NG10 2FY
Phone: 0115 973 2587
DirectionsFrom M1 (Northbound), Junction 24
- At the roundabout at the top of the slip road, take the second exit (A50) towards Derby.
- Follow the A50 past the Hilton Hotel, around left-hand bend and then merge into the main A50.
- Keep to the left hand lane and, almost immediately, take the first exit; signposted to Castle Donnington and Long Eaton.
- Take the fifth exit off the roundabout (B6540) towards Long Eaton.
- Follow this road for about 2.5 miles, under the motorway, across the river, past the church and shops until you come to Long Eaton station where a narrow railway bridge crosses the road.
- Take the third exit off the roundabout immediately after the railway bridge, onto Acton Road.
- Follow this road to the next roundabout, pass the housing estate on the right, and the Penn-Nyla factory on the S bend.
- Take the third exit off this roundabout, leaving the ‘Tappers Harker’ pub to your left.
- Proceed across the railway crossing to the mini-roundabout.
- Turn right at the mini-roundabout and follow Meadow Lane to the next level crossing.
- Immediately over this level crossing turn right down Trent Lane.
- Follow Trent Lane (the railway embankment will be immediately to your right), past the Rifle Lodge. Shortly after this the road turns into a track.
- Follow the track across the cattle grid to the farm. The track then turns sharply left alongside the barn and then crosses the field to the bridge over the canal.
- Cross the canal bridge, shutting the gate behind you unless there is another car coming.
- Follow the track across the field, under the two railway bridges, and into the next field.
- You will then be able to see Trent Valley Sailing Club!
- Please park your car in the car park.
From M1 (Southbound), Junction 25
- At the roundabout at the top of the slip road, take the second exit towards Long Eaton.
- Proceed past the Novotel to the mini-roundabout.
- Turn right at the roundabout onto the B6002.
- Keep following the B6002 for about 1.5 miles, crossing three roundabouts, until you come to Long Eaton station on your right. Proceed straight on at the roundabout (second exit) onto Acton Lane and then follow the directions from g) above.
- Follow the A52 until you come to the A6005 junction, signposted Beeston and/or Long Eaton. This is the junction just South East of the city centre; A52 on fly over, roundabout below.
- Take the A6005 and follow out to Beeston past the tennis centre on the left to the roundabout at end of the dual carriageway.
- Take the first exit off the roundabout, following the A6005 towards Long Eaton.
- Follow the A6005 past Attenborough, Chilwell MOD depot and the Chilwell Retail park and into Long Eaton.
- Carry on until you go over the railway bridge and down to a roundabout (with ASDA to your right).
- Take the first exit of this roundabout and follow this road until you come to the next roundabout by the ‘Tappers Harker’ pub.
- Take the first exit off this roundabout and then follow the directions from 1)h) above.