SMELT 2017 27/05/2017-30/05/2017
- General Information
- Club Information
- Event Contacts
Entry Fee: £Euro 190-230
First start: 1355
Launch time: As advised at venue
NOTICE OF RACE
1. RULES 1.1 The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020. 1.2 National prescriptions for foreign competitors are attached. 1.3 Any amendment to this Notice of Race will be posted on the website www.smelt.info and www.yccarnac.com no later than 1st February 2017.
2. ADVERTISING 2.1 Advertising shall comply with ISAF Regulation 20 and the relevant class rules. 2.2 Boats may be required to display advertising supplied by the organising authority. The area of mainsail below the bottom batten shall be reserved for advertising by the event sponsor(s).
3. ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY 3.1 The regatta is open to boats of the Enterprise, Lark, Merlin Rocket, National 12 and Scorpion classes. 3.2 Eligible boats may enter online at www.smelt.info and by paying a non-refundable £20 deposit. Payment details will be shown on the entry form. 3.3 Boats based outside the UK may pay the deposit in Euros on arrival if they prefer. The exchange rate on 27th May 2017 will be used to calculate the equivalent Euro value to be paid. 3.4 The balance of €190 will be paid direct to YC Carnac via the club website by 1st May 2017, after this date the balance due is €230. 3.5 Entry will close on 1st May 2017. Later entries may be accepted subject to agreement with the event organisers. 3.6 Helms and crews under 18 years of age during the event shall submit signed Parent/Guardian Declarations at the time of entry.
4. ENTRY FEES Entry fee per boat: £20 payable in advance plus €190 payable directly to YC Carnac for payments received before 2nd May 2017, after this date the balance is €230.
Carnac Open 2017 NoR v1 (as amended July 2016) Page 2 of 5
5. SCHEDULE The event will comprise a mix of handicap racing and class racing
Day: Date: Time: Event: 1 Sat 27 May 09:00 – 18:00 13.55 Registration. Pursuit race warning signal Back to back Handicap race warning signal 2 Sun 28 May 09:00 – 10:30 12.55 Registration Class racing first warning signal 3 Mon 29 May 12:55 Class racing first warning signal 4 Tues 30 May 10:55 Penultimate class racing first warning signal Back to back Final class racing first warning signal No warning signal will be made after 14:55 on Tues 30th May 2017. 6. REGISTRATION 6.1 Registration will take place at the race office upstairs at Carnac Yacht Club at the times prescribed in NoR 5 ‘Schedule of Events. 6.2 To complete registration competitors shall: • Present, if not already received by the organising authority, a completed entry form including a declaration that the boat is covered by appropriate third party insurance and pay any outstanding entry fees. • Present a valid measurement certificate if requested by their class association. • Provide proof of membership of the relevant class association if necessary to comply with class rules and requested by their class association.
7. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS Sailing instructions will be available online prior to the first race and will be displayed on the official notice board.
8. MEASUREMENTS 8.1 The measuring authority referred to in rule 64.3(b) will be the Royal Yachting Association. 8.2 Measurement checks may be carried out at any time during the event. 8.3 Boats found to violate a class rule may be handed a penalty at the discretion of the protest committee.
9. VENUE Racing will take place in the Bay of Quiberon, off Carnac.
Carnac Open 2017 NoR v1 (as amended July 2016) Page 3 of 5
10. COURSES The courses to be sailed will be detailed in the sailing instructions.
11. SCORING 11.1 Handicap races are scored separately and do not count towards class series.
11.2 One class race is required to be completed to constitute a series. (a) When fewer than three class races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores. (b) When four or more class races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score. (c) When nine or more class races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst 2 scores. (c) Races less than 30 minutes in length for the lead boat will score ½ points
11.3 Races, plus social competitions will contribute towards an overall inter-fleet trophy.
12. RE-SCHEDULED RACES Races that cannot be sailed on the scheduled day will not be rescheduled.
13. PROTEST COMMITTEE The organising authority will appoint an independent protest committee consisting of three or more members. Decisions of the protest committee shall be eligible for appeal. 14. SUBSTITUTION OF CREW Permission to substitute a registered crewmember will be granted for reasons of injury, convenience, illness, favourable weather conditions, unfavourable weather conditions, serious unforeseen personal circumstances, minor unforeseen personal circumstances, boredom, poor performance, or pre-arranged crew substitutions approved by the organising authority.
15. LAUNCHING It is intended that launching and recovery will use the slipway or beach within the harbour which is a confined space with moored and moving craft. At certain states of the tide it may not be possible to ship fixed rudders within the harbour confines unless they are very short.
16. PRIZES Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 in the handicap races and the top 3 in each class with at least 10 entries. Other prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the event organizers.
Carnac Open 2017 NoR v1 (as amended July 2016) Page 4 of 5
17. RIGHTS TO USE NAMES & LIKENESSES Competitors automatically grant to the organising authority without payment the right in perpetuity to make, use and show any motion pictures, still pictures and live, taped or filmed television of or relating to the event.
18. RISK STATEMENT Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone”.
Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
(i) They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event; (ii) They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore; (iii) They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions; (iv) Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate; (v) The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities; (vi) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances; (vii) Their boat is adequately insured, with cover of at least €1.5 million the equivalent per event against third party claims;
19. INSPECTIONS The fact that the race committee and/or Class Association conducts inspections of a boat does not reduce the responsibilities of each competitor set out in this Notice of Race.
20. FURTHER INFORMATION Championship website www.smelt.info Tom Jeffcoate, championship organiser firstname.lastname@example.org Championship organizer website : www.yccarnac.com Contact : Pascale EGLIZAUD email@example.com
For further information referring to transportation, traffic and accommodation, please contact : Tourism Office of Carnac – 74 avenue des Druides - 56340 CARNAC – FRANCE Tel : 00 33 (0)2 97 52 13 52 - Fax 00 33 (0)2 97 52 86 10, email : firstname.lastname@example.org - Website : www.ot-carnac.fr
Carnac Open 2017 NoR v1 (as amended July 2016) Page 5 of 5
APPENDIX FFVOILE PRESCRIPTIONS
Prescriptions of the Fédération Française de Voile Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016 25 FFVoile Prescription: For all grade 5 and 4 events, standard notices of race and sailing instructions including the specificities of the event shall be used. For grade 5 events, posting of sailing instructions will be considered as meeting the requirements of RRS 25 application. 62 FFVoile Prescription: For the events of the Fédération Française de Voile, the equipment inspection committee or measurement committee is composed of the event measurer and the equipment inspectors, if any. For purposes of rule 60.2, the event measurer and the equipment inspectors are included in the race committee.
64.3 FFVoile Prescription (*): The jury may ask the parties to the protest, prior to checking procedures, a deposit covering the cost of checking arising from a protest concerning class rules.
67 FFVoile Prescription (*): Any question about or request of damages arising from an incident involving a boat bound by the RRS or International Regulation to Prevent Collision at Sea depends on the appropriate courts and will not be dealt by the jury.
70.5 FFVoile Prescription (*): In such circumstances, the written approval of the Fédération Française de Voile shall be received before publishing the notice of race and shall be posted on the official notice board during the event. 78 FFVoile Prescription (*): The boat’s owner or other person in charge shall, under his sole responsibility, make sure moreover that his boat comply with the equipment and security rules required by the laws, by-laws and regulations of the Administration.
86.3 FFVoile Prescription (*): An organizing authority wishing to change a rule listed in RRS 86.1 in order to develop or test new rules shall first submit the changes to the FFVoile, in order to obtain its written approval and shall report the results to FFVoile after the event. Such authorization shall be mentioned in the notice of race and in the sailing instructions and shall be posted on the official notice board during the event.
88 FFVoile Prescription (*): Prescriptions of the FFVoile shall be neither changed nor deleted in the notice of race and sailing instructions, except for events for which an international jury has been appointed. In such case, the prescriptions marked with an asterisk (*) shall be neither changed nor deleted in the notice of race and sailing instructions. (The official translation of the prescriptions, downloadable on the FFVoile website www.ffvoile.fr , shall be the only translation used to comply with RRS 90.2(b)).
91 FFVoile Prescription (*): The appointment of an international jury meeting the requirements of Appendix N is subject to prior written approval of the Fédération Française de Voile. Such notice of approval shall be posted on the official notice board during the event.
R Appendix FFVoile Prescription (*): Appeals shall be sent to the head-office of Fédération Française de Voile, 17 rue Henri
Address: Yacht Club Carnac Port En Dro - BP30 56341 CARNAC
Phone: 02 97 52 10 98
Region: rittany France
Carnac Open Dinghies 27th - 30th May 2017
The great family of dinghies comes back to Carnac. They came in 2014 and once again they have chosen the Carnac Yacht Club to celebrate the dinghies feast.
We are pleased to host 70 dinghies of 5 classes : Enterprise, Lark, Merlin Rocket, National 12 and Scorpion. All will meet again for rediscovering the Quiberon Bay.
Getting to Carnac
You need to put your little boat on a bigger boat.
There are a choice of routes for you to take. The most popular ones are to go via Roscoff (2hr20 to Carnac), St Malo (2hr20), Cherbourg (3hr40), Caen (3hr15), Le Havre (4hr15) and Calais (6hr20) depending on where you are based.
Brittany ferries are offering 20% off selected crossings for competitors.
The discount is available on sailings from UK to France 24th - 27th May inclusive, and sailings from France to UK 28th May - 2nd June inclusive.
Exclusions: Friday Overnight crossings from the UK, Saturday overnight crossings from France and all Highspeed services.
Details of how to access the offer will be emailed to you when you enter.
Promotional Terms & Conditions apply including immediate payment/no refund.